Assignment – 2
Due May 17th.
Your company has just acquired a new subsidiary that makes two products, Clodhopper and Clodbuster. The Clodhopper is intended for the general consumer market and its demand is higher and more seasonal than the Clodbuster, which is intended for the commercial user market. Both products share a number of component parts and subassemblies, primarily differing in their engine and tiller subassemblies. All of the managers at the acquired company quit the day your company took possession. You are the person who has been assigned to run this acquisition. Since all of the managers quit, the only planning information you have is historical data.
Your task is to create material requirements plans for items C, E, H, K, P, and L.
• Use the MRP form supplied and print the spreadsheets (landscape) two to a page (3 pages total). Fill in all appropriate data (lot size, ordering rule, etc).
• Do not make any changes to the format/layout of the spreadsheet. This is one place in industry where creativity in presenting data is not appreciated since many of the cells in the forms are normally linked, and changes can lead to significant errors in the results.
• Use the comment function to show the formula for “projected on-hand inventory.” The formula must be understandable (e.g. ”beginning inventory + production…” NOT “D12 + E12…”).
• Use the header function to show your name in the upper right corner of all pages.
• Staple the three landscape pages in the upper right corner, in the order C & E on the first page, H & K on the second page, and P & L on the third page (no cover sheet).
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Part 2 Data:
The Assn – 3 Student” spreadsheet contains five different worksheets:
MPS approved plans for Clodhopper and Clodbuster for the first three months of 2010.
Bill of materials data for ClodHopper and ClodBuster, including quantities required per product and assembly times/lead times
Inventory records and lot-sizing rules for all subassemblies and component parts
Scheduled receipts (production commitments and purchase orders that have been scheduled by previous MPS and MRP plans for delivery in 2010.
MRP form to use for the items requested above
Remember that the FOQ lot-sizing rule allows multiple orders. That is, if your plan requires 450 units in a given period, current inventory is 75 units, and the FOQ order size is 100 units, then you would request 400 units (four orders) from the vendor or assembly production line.
For items purchased using the POQ lot-sizing rule, consider that the time between orders begins at the start of the plans. That is, if the POQ period is 3, you can only have planned receipts (or scheduled receipts) in periods 1, 4, 7, and so on. Unlike the other ordering schemes where you first determine when a new order must be received and then schedule the order earlier according to the lead time, for POQ you look at future needs that must be satisfied until another POQ order can be placed.
Do not schedule MRP planned orders in the line for scheduled receipt items. Scheduled receipts have already been started or ordered on previous MRP plans for delivery in 2010 and you are not allowed to make any additional entries on this line. The values on this line are to be added to the projected on-hand inventory when each scheduled receipt arrives. Do not reflect the scheduled receipts into planned order releases.
Some parts and subassemblies have desired safety stock levels. Be sure to order enough or early enough to ensure these levels are maintained, limited only by any lead-time constraints. When there is no safety stock, maintain the projected on-hand greater than or equal to zero.