Objective: Analyze two works of art using the form, content. context formula and use that analysis to compare the two works together.
Your task is to complete the table on this
- Each row on the table corresponds to the following two works of art:
- Fig. 1-5 (in your book) Nude woman (Venus of Willendorf), ca. 28000-25000 BCE
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Fig. 1-16 (in your book) Deer hunt, detail of a wall painting, Catal Hoyuk, Turkey, ca. 5750 BCE
- Length of response: Complete the blank spaces in the table with several bullet points for each space.
- Key Pointer: In the interpretation column, aim to move beyond decoding the meaning of the individual works and towards connecting the work to the larger cultural values.
Before attempting this assignment, be sure that you review the following:
How to Submit the Assignment:
- Download the worksheet, type in the responses, and then save it as a new file and upload the new file below.
- Watch this 3 minute Assignments Submissions video (Links to an external site.) for more guidance on how to submit assignments, how to make comments to me about the assignment, and how to see the feedback that I will provide on your submission.
- For Apple/Mac users: Do NOT submit a file saved in the .pages file format, the Apple/Mac word processing software. I cannot read these files. You can use Pages to create the file, but you must save the document under a different file format to submit, including Microsoft Word (.docx), Rich Text File (.rtf) or Portable Document Format (.pdf). Other workarounds are to copy and paste the text into the text box in Canvas.
- If you cannot get the worksheet downloaded or uploaded as described above, here are some other options:
- Print out the worksheet, write your responses by hand, take a photo of the completed worksheet, and upload the photo
- Retype each header and type each of your responses directly into the text box of this assignment as a “list” rather than a table.
- Contact the Help Desk (the last icon on the far left grey navigation panel) to help with any technical issues.
- Double check to make sure you uploaded the correct file, not an assignment for another course, not a blank document, and not a .pages file!